Top Social Media Sites
Social media refers to a variety of interactive digital technologies that help individuals and organizations create, collaborate, consume, share, and modify information through virtual networks and online communities. Social media platforms provide a means for a business to connect with an audience, build its brand, drive web traffic, and increase sales.
Types of Social Media Platform Examples
- Social networks: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, V Kontakte, QZone, Odnoklassniki, Sina Weibo
- Media sharing services: YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok
- Discussion forums: Reddit, Quora
- Clipping platforms: Pinterest, Clipix
- Consumer review sites: Yelp, TripAdvisor
- Blogging platforms: WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger, Typepad
- Social shopping networks: Groupon, Living Social, Etsy, Polyvore
- Sharing economy platforms: Craigslist, eBay, TradeMe
Why Are Local Social Media Platforms Important?
The goal of social media marketing is to connect with niche audiences, whoever and wherever they are. In some countries, home-grown social networks are dominant.
Top Social Media Platforms for
Article written for World Trade Press by WTP Staff.
Copyright © 1993–2022 World Trade Press. All rights reserved.